Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Manish Tandon - Art of Living Experience

Marketing Professional in the Entertainment Industry

I’m currently the head of Digital Strategic Marketing for a TV division of NBC Universal in New York City and have been in the Entertainment industry for the past 13 years.  I grew up in southern California and came to NY in 2002 to get my M.B.A from Columbia University.

Art of Living Health Benefits


It’s really difficult to sum up the profound changes I’ve experienced since I took my first Art of Living Course in 1999.  In essence, so many aspects of my life have been enhanced including my health, performance at work, relationships and overall sense of purpose.

Here’s one example around health.  Before I took Art of Living, I had been suffering from acute fibromyalgia for nearly 10 years.  I was in pain throughout the day, had insomnia and was not able to do the types of activities I loved to do including skiing, surfing and playing sports.  By 1998, it had had become so bad that I was constantly in pain and could not even lift something that was 5 pounds without it triggering the pain throughout my back.  I was taking prescription pain-killers, muscle relaxants and sleeping pills every day just to get by and had tried everything you could think of, including physical therapy, acupuncture, massage therapy, injections and so on.  Nothing was fixing the problem and it was taking me into a state of depression.  To make matters worse, in 1998 I was told that my cholesterol was really high for my age and they wanted me to start cholesterol-lowering medication at age 23!  It was at this low-point that I discovered the Art of Living Course.


I don’t know how it happened but after I took the course and started doing the practices every day, I saw a profound shift in my health and well-being almost instantly.  Within a few weeks the pain in my back seemed to diminish.  Within a month of doing the practices regularly, I was completely off all pain killers, was sleeping like a baby—and I’m proud to say that I have not had to touch a pain-killer even once since then—12 years ago.  Just when I thought this was too good to be true, I got my cholesterol checked after that same month of doing the practices and my total cholesterol had reduced by 60 points – which is unheard of in such a short time!

Although this mini-miracle around my health was so powerful, I have to say that it’s small compared to how the Art of Living has transformed so many other aspects of my life.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Such an inspiring story, I took my first course last year and did an advanced course this year. This story is very inspiring and will help me to continue my practices.

    Congratulations Manish!!! So happy for you. :-)

    Thank you,

    Jai Gurudev,
    Dhara

    Life/Wellness Coach
    www.dailyrising.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the conversation civil and respectful. Thank You.